The OMORC Air Fryer XL is an easy to use, well designed Air Fryer that has mainly good reviews from users. It is backed up by superb customer service and if you buy through Amazon, you get a 2 year warranty.
This is one of the higher powered models available (1800W) and while it uses more juice, it cooks more quickly than a conventional oven. We could not find an EnergyStar rating so this is a negative if you have cost or environmental concerns.
The price is mid range compared to the market, and the basket capacity is above average – you should be able to prepare a portion of chips for six people, according to the manufacturer.
Temperature control can be varied from 180 degrees F up to 400 degrees F, so you can cook a wide range of foods in different ways. Owners of previous Air Fryers have found this model to be relatively quiet and appreciate the timer function that allows you to do something else while cooking as it will automatically turn off when the timer beeps at the end of your selected cooking time.
Like other Air Fryers, this one uses rapidly circulating heated air to cook food, so you should not add water otherwise the air will not reach and cook the food. A little bit of oil sprayed onto whatever your cooking can make it more crispy and will alter the flavor to your taste. Foods that can be cooked include fries, rib, shrimp, cake, chicken, steak, and fish. Once you get used to this method of cooking, you’ll be able to experiment a little and try out some new things. Adding cheese onto burgers 30 seconds before the end of burger cooking time is one our favorites.
The seven functions available are broken down into the food types previously mentioned i.e. fries, rib, shrimp, cake, chicken, steak, and fish. They can easily be selected using the touch screen and knob. Owners comment that this is a great design making this particular air fryer easy to use.
Many consumers agree on the absence of odors produced and the simplicity with which you can clean the dishwasher basket.
Now let’s look at the major pros and cons of the oil-free air fryer we have just reviewed.
- Effectiveness: this cooks food really well; get the settings right and your fries will taste great and be crunchy without being oily, chicken will be moist and tender, so much better than microwaved. You can adjust the temperature up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit to give you complete control when cooking different foods.
- Adaptability: The pre-sets for the different food types are a starting point, you can make further adjustments based on the food. For instance a whole chicken will take longer than drum sticks. It is great for re-heating – food comes out better than from a microwave.
- Advanced Technological Design: specifically designed to deliver uniform heat across the food being cooked, the unit looks sleek and modern.
- Quick: faster than a normal oven.
- Great Customer Service: buy new through Amazon to get a two year warranty – which they honor.
- Easy to clean: the cooking zone inside has a non-stick and easy-to-clean frying basket and pot that you can stick into a dishwasher or to keep the non-stick surface lasting longer, just wipe off excess oil with some kitchen towel and wash with warm soapy water. It doesn’t take long.
- Safe: the OMORC Air Fryer is FDA-APPROVED & BPA FREE & ETL/UL Listed. The automatic shut-off protection means that he device will not overheat however please note that if you set the timer for too long it is still possible to overcook and even burn food. Cooking stops when the basket is removed even if there is still time to go on the timer.
- Quiet: Owners who had previously had other models found the OMORC Air Fryer XL to be much quieter.
- Easy to use: to start cooking all you need is the 1 knob touch and control. Simply rotate the multi-functional knob to adjust timer & temp and choose ideal pre-sets; there is no need to press any setting buttons. The OMORC includes a cool touch handle and button guard to prevent accidental detachment during cooking.
- Healthier: less calories, less saturating in fat and oil but still great tasting food. The manufacturers claim that you can use 85% less oil.
- It’s BIG! the dimensions are 16.5 inches x 13.5 inches x 15 inches. Some buyers had difficulty finding space for it in their kitchens.
- Poor English: Recipe book and Owners Manual are written in poor English so you find yourself reading the same sentence a couple of times over to understand what it means.
- Smell when new: electrical burn and plastic smell is common for most new air fryers; the answer is to run the device at maximum temperature for a long period before using it to cook food (see recommendations below).
- Non-stick coating flaking off the basket: when reported to the manufacturer using photos they quickly replaced the basket.
- Get better cooking results by pre-heating your air fryer for 3 minutes before putting in your food.
- It blows out hot air underneath so place your air fryer on a cutting board or large tile to protect your counter top surface.
- To remove burning smell when using the product for the first time, clean the basket and pan in warm soapy water and and rinse. Then set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and time to 60 minutes without any food inside. This will remove the smell and prevent the food being affected by fumes from the product when first used.
- When cooking fries shake them half way through cooking to make sure that they are all evenly cooked, likewise with steaks, flip them half way through cooking.
- Coat with a light layer of oil to make food crispier – cooking spray seems to make food dry whereas oil makes things crispy and holds in moisture.
If you are thinking about purchasing the OMORC Air Fryer XL, we recommend that you check it out at Amazon.com for the best price, plus you get a two year warranty.
Leave a Reply