People are becoming more health conscious and make an effort to ensure that they remain fit. Research is clear that food with fat can be a major cause of weight gain and health issues for many. So though fried food is delicious, for health reasons many people avoid eating fried food. However, in the last few years, Air Fryers with the latest air heating technologies have made it possible to fry foods without any oil and therefore lower the fat content in fried food. And it still tastes good!
Most hot air fryers are only suitable for smaller families, hence, those who wish to purchase a high capacity fryer should look at the SUPER DEAL ZenChef PRO XXL Hot Air Fryer which claims to be one of the largest air fryers available.
Some of the features and benefits of the ZenChef XXL Air Fryer are as follows:
– The sellers claim that the air fryer has the largest capacity of all the air fryers available, with a capacity of 5.8 Qt, which is sufficient for a family of 7 or a party. It is possible to cook a whole chicken at once, and all the frying can be completed quickly in one go.
– Innovative technology used uses heated air rapidly circulating to fry or heat the food, without any oil. The cooked food has a crispy exterior and juicy tender interior.
– There are eight different touch buttons which are preset for cooking different foods.
– Can be used to cook a wide variety of foods like fries, chips, lasagne, baked potatoes, chicken, quiche, steak, gratins, drumsticks.
– The preheating time for the fryer is very short and food is cooked very quickly, allowing users to cook a meal in less time.
– A drip tray is provided below the basket to collect the excess fat in the food, so that there no splatter and mess.
– The housing and basket has a handle which is cool to touch for greater safety and is ETL certified.
– The basket, tray is easy to clean and can also be put through a dishwasher.
– The digital display which is used to set the timer and temperature is easy to use, larger, clearer and more user friendly (intuitive) than most other air fryers.
– The power rating of the air fryer is a higher than average 1700 W which helps to speed up cooking.
– After the cooking has been started, the process is completely automatic and the cooker will automatically shut off when the cooking is complete.
– The cooking time can be adjusted by up to 30 minutes depending on the food being cooked.
– Overheating protection is provided for greater safety and energy saving.
– A recipe book with 50+ recipes is provided including popular recipes like fried chicken, fries, exotic recipes like meatballs and desserts.
– In addition to frying, it can also be used for grilling, baking, roasting.
– Cooking temperature can be adjusted between 170 and 400 degree Fahrenheit depending on the food being cooked.
– The cooking basket is metal, ensuring that food will not come in touch with heated plastic. It is detachable and can be used for serving food.
– The basket has a button guard to ensure that it is not detached accidentally.
– The multi-layered material which is used for the basket is scratch resistant and non-stick.
– Larger capacity than most of the air fryers
– well designed, easy to use digital panel for setting temperature, time, has a pause button
– quick cooking of food, due to rapid heating and larger capacity
– safety features like overheating protection and cool to touch body
– automatic shutoff feature
– easy to remove and clean after cooking is over
This seems to be a love it or hate it product. About 80% of buyers thought it was great but about 20% really didn’t like it, with concerns about manufacturing quality:
– Some users have complained of a plastic smell
– Motor was too noisy
– The basket handle broke
– Surface on the basket peeled after a short time
– The rubber feet on the bottom fall off quite quickly
However most of the users who have purchased the XXL sized Air Fryer from Zenchef at Amazon seem extremely satisfied with the quality and price of the product.
The main reasons to buy this Air Fryer is that it has a larger capacity for bigger family meals or gatherings, the price and the intuitive display. There are a significant number of buyers who were unhappy with the product quality so our advice would be to follow the instructions that come with the product (including running it on high heat without any food in it first) and then within the warranty period, really test that the specific item you bought is working properly. Sadly it seems that some are OK, others are not so make sure you find out which one has been delivered to you, and send it back if it is not working properly.